[CS-FSLUG] school dress code, was Re: OT: Don't Buy Harry Potter

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 18:39:04 CST 2006

I'll toss in my $0.02

Frankly as someone still attending school I feel these remarks to
reflect a lot of persecution. Why force students to wear uniforms and
not adults eh? Sure you have to in some environments even as an adult,
but that's so people can identify you if you work at MacDonald's or
some other such establishment and those uniforms are usually just a
dress code and a branded shirt. Besides that there are no dress codes
for "adults", and there are no uniforms in any colleges or
universities that I know of because "adults" would reject them.
Uniforms in themselves are discrimination, forcing everyone to wear
clothes they had no say in choosing, not allowing students to have
pockets for fear that they might being knives or guns to school, those
are all prejudices. It's easy to take away people's rights when you're
not part of the group being oppressed.

I wear sweatshirts, unbuttoned shirts over t-shirts, and baggy
clothing to camouflage my size, taking away my right to dress that way
would make me very angry.