[CS-FSLUG] Nameserver value disappears?

Stephen J. McCracken smccracken at hcjb.org.ec
Thu Mar 2 13:01:37 CST 2006

(*Caveat: I'm not real familiar with SUSE!)

It seems to me that you just missed setting this up as you were
configuring your NIC manually.  Edit /etc/resolv.conf manually adding in
your nameserver.  (Or you can do it through their preferred way of using
YaST.

When setting up things manually you need to setup your NIC
(/etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-eth<whatever>), your gateway (don't know
where SUSE puts this), and your nameservers (/etc/resolv.conf).

Check Section 22.5.1 (especially subsections 2-7,11) on this page:
http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/pub/doc/suse/suse9.3/suselinux-adminguide_en/sec.basicnet.manconf.html

sjm