[CS-FSLUG] Networking two Linspire boxes

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 29 01:51:39 CDT 2006

Sub300 and Sub500 are the same company, one relates to the price in
Canadian dollars and the other to the price in American dollars.
Sub200 seems to belong to someone trying to sell a rather vulgar
record right now, but it was never affiliated with sub300 or sub500 so
it was probably a typo.

This is a little OT, but how are the computers from Sub300/Sub500? I
thought Tim did a review for OfB on those machines, but I can't find
it now. I'm wondering how well they would work if I stuffed two large
hard drives in there and installed FreeNAS over Linspire. I'm not sure
how wise that would be though, because I don't know if the cheaper
hardware would endanger the hard drives, nor do I know how to use two
drives in a RAID 1 configuration with Linux of if that's even possible
with IDE and if it needs special drivers.