[CS-FSLUG] A Geek as a US Senator?

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sat Jul 15 01:38:28 CDT 2006

I'm sorry if this turns out to be a hoax, but I thought I'd mention
it. Before you go on reading keep in mind that I don't care much for
politics.

Anyway, someone called Pete Ashdown wants to run for a senator
position in the US. Unlike the guy he intends to replace, this guy
says he won't suck up to the RIAA and MPAA but instead wants to uphold
net neutrality, Linux and some other good stuff.

It doesn't hurt to have a look, perhaps one of the more politically
minded list members could provide more information on this issue. I
personally found there wasn't much information offered, and for that
reason the conclusions people reached in the Digg comments left me a
little confused and suspicious.

Here's the links:
http://www.digg.com/linux_unix/Help_a_computer_geek_defeat_Orrin_Hatch_for_the_US_Senate._For_FREE
http://www.peteashdown.org/