[CS-FSLUG] CueCat scanner?

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 17:16:39 CDT 2006

I have several of these running around the shack....they chase my
several mice all day long.

But enough of being serious.  I have had several of these for some
time.  I have resisted throwing them out because.....well, basically,
according to my wife.....I never throw anything out, until I am three
days away from needing it.

So I still have them.

BUT....just what are they good for?  I have seen several pieces of
software for them, but no real life applications for their
capability's.  Maybe an input device for a handicapped person?   But
thats all I can think of.

On 7/7/06, edoc7 <edoc7 at verizon.net> wrote:
> Anyone using, or wanting to make use of, a CueCat scanner?
>
> One followed me home from a thrift shop today but I doubt
> I will find time to play with it.
>
> Here is some info:
> <http://www.fluent-access.com/wtpapers/cuecat/>
> <http://www.beau.lib.la.us/~jmorris/linux/cuecat/>
> <http://pam-cuecat.sourceforge.net/>
> <http://tuxmobil.org/barcode_readers_unix.html>
> <http://users.skynet.be/ppc/cuecat/>
>
> There are some fascinating possibilities, just too
> much on the plate here already!
>
> doc

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."