[CS-FSLUG] Real Player Rhapsode for Linux

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Sun Jan 22 17:15:11 CST 2006

> He's a law-abiding small business owner, and yet he wanted me to
> install a pirated copy of Photoshop for him. He didn't call it
> pirated -- of course -- but he gave me this CD "a friend gave him"
> and thought nothing of it.
>
> 	I don't like DRM, but if it has to be, I try to support DRM that is
> transparent to me. FairPlay is quite transparent for my purposes, for

I love it how M$ and its cronies in Bolivia and Uruguay would make this
way too juicy contracts with the government and other companies with
similar ethics as themselves, and hunt medium/large, some small
businesses, but very, very carefully not touch schools or computer
learning centers.  I do not believe the kindness of their hearts there,
but the rather obvious interest on keeping people only using M$, even if
it was pirated M$, or maybe especially if it was that way.  Sort of like
the drug dealer passing out samples.  That is why Linux has never had
much of a headway there and hardly ever will:  When you are small, they
are happy for you to get hooked.  Later, as you grow, they will ransom
you, and even if you want to go Linux, you will find nobody to man your
computers.

I say, their deal was very transparent also.  I played their game, until
I realized I needed out, because in all fairness and truth I cannot lead
my students that way, if I want what is best for them.

Yama