[CS-FSLUG] Nvidia failures

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Jan 21 07:13:38 CST 2006

Nathan T. wrote:
> Isn't CentOS a RHEL rebuild?
>
> I've been keeping away from anything Fedora and Red Hat because in the
> last release I tried they replaced KDE applications with Gnome
> applications while in KDE itself. Is that the case in CentOS?

Yes and no. CentOS is a clone of RHEL. The primary difference is
removing RedHat logos. Both of them hide the KDE version of some things
during installation, though they are available on the CDs or from
official mirros. There is one good 3rd party source (Dag Weers) for some
packages. For everything else, you build it yourself.

--
Ed Hurst