[CS-FSLUG] Nvidia failures

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Jan 21 00:26:13 CST 2006

Nathan T. wrote:
> If you haven't done this recently, using Yast I'd recommend removing
> and reinstalling the nVidia driver. To do this you can start Yast
> Online Update, then have it show the updates you've already installed
> and find the nvidia one, you should just be able to set it to
> reinstall the drivers.

Yep, did that, too. You gotta remember, I had just installed SUSE
afresh, and did the updates during the installation.

Now, as it is, I managed to get CentOS re-installed cleanly, and
remembered to leave out the 3rd party junk, and simply built the driver
from source. Under FreeBSD, glxgears run almost 1200fps. In CentOS, it's
about 1050fps. Quite comparable, if you ask me.

I keep finding new reasons I like CentOS. SaX has choked on about half
the hardware I've ever owned. CentOS hasn't balked on anything yet.

--
Ed Hurst