[CS-FSLUG] OT: Distribution list volunteer

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 23:30:18 CST 2006

Hi,

With the move comming up I don't know how many day's I'll be without
an internet connection, so I need to find someone who can do the
distribution list for me for this month.

The program is very simple, I've made it much more straightforward
than the last, trust me when you see it you won't believe the
difference between this distribution list parser and my former C++/QT
distribution list maker.

Anyway, just one volunteer should be good. I haven't had the best luck
getting attachments through the list so I'll simply reply directly to
anyone who's interested with a sample config file. Figure out the
config file, make the appropriate changes, and store it in a dedicated
folder where you'll also be storing the program. Then decide amongst
youselves which one(s) of you wants to do the list.

I must warn you all that this program is a Java 5.0 program, although
it's fairly basic so I could target a 1.3 JVM and it should still
compile. The difficulty though is that it uses the swing toolkit and
that will require whoever runs the program to have Sun's Java
installed. Quite frankly I find it much easier to run Java
applications under Windows, although Mac users could also give it a
try, it should run very well there but isn't tested for it.

Let me know if you're interested, the program needs to be run just
about every day since Distrowatch has on some days added as many as 8
new distributions, and their RSS feed tops out at 12 before
overwriting. The program operation cannot yet be run by automation, it
does need user interaction although very little.