[CS-FSLUG] posting problems?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Jan 14 11:21:31 CST 2006

Nathan T. wrote:
> Can someone tell me who'll host the file for free then, I haven't yet
> invested in a web hosting package. I cannot get my distributions lists
> here without using attachments because as far as I know gmail will
> either send as HTML or as plain text, but not as both.

Consider these two solutions for the long term:

1. Get a free shell account. Most of them permit you to put files for
public viewing and run an HTTP server by default. I know of several
places offering free accounts.

2. Can you not connect to Gmail via your standard email client? That's
how I use my Gmail account. I only log into the webmail interface to
clear the trash every week.

Meanwhile, send the file to me and I'll post it, then post a link to the
list.

--
Ed Hurst