[CS-FSLUG] GNU/Linux vs Microsoft on R&D: Answering the Microsoft FUD

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:42:25 CST 2006

I have no doubt some of it is spent buying copies of competing
software and the hardware to run it on so Microsoft can find new
features to copy. I must admit though, that they have come up with
some original work of their own, for example the famous blue screen,
and then there's the overuse of transparency in Vista which will make
the user interface that much harder to use and the text on top that
much harder to read.

Microsoft must have come up with some good innovations though, I just
can't name any.