[CS-FSLUG] Let's Talk About It: Web of Trust

Ritchie, Josiah S. jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Jan 3 10:01:18 CST 2006

Perhaps it is a naive and idealistic opinion, but the junk marketing
wars will only be won on the current implementation of the Internet by
educating the users. Until users stop making it effective, the business
driven marketer will find a new way until the consumers make it clear
that the only acceptable marketing is not invasive marketing. To hit at
spam or blog spam or annoying pop-ups is to target a symptom and not the
problem we are really dealing with.

The consumer needs to support good marketing and discourage bad
marketing and we need to tell them the difference. "How will they know
if we do not tell them?"

JSR/

Web