[CS-FSLUG] Linux Laptop Support

'mash re.mash at gmail.com
Mon Jan 2 09:32:32 CST 2006

On 1/2/06, David McGlone <dmcglone at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> On Mon January 2 2006 9:25 am, Brian Derr wrote:
> Also when I use either sleep or hibernation, for some reason I lose connection
> to my network and have to  reboot to be able to access my network again.

Are you able to use ifup and ifdown in SuSE 10 ?

Debian:
-----------------------------
mashq at specialK:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

# The loopback network interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp

If my network goes funny you just need to run

ifdown eth0

then

ifup eth0

to bring it back up again.