[CS-FSLUG] Terminate WAS: College / University

Alan Trick alantrick at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 23:50:46 CST 2006

On Wed, 2006-12-13 at 08:24 -0500, Ritchie, Josiah S. wrote:
> > [1] http://terminate.sf.net n.b. If you are actually interested in
> > looking at the code, you probably want to checkout the stuff in the
> > subversion trunk as I haven't made a release in quite a while and I
> > think the svn stuff is pretty stable now.
>
> So what exactly is this program for? I couldn't quite make it out in the
> description. Is it sort of like a macro creator for the Linux cli? The
> site description didn't mean much to me.
>
> Thanks,
> JSR/

Sorry, those description are quite poor, I've been meaning to update
them.

Actually, it should work on Windows (>=NT) as well as any *nix terminal.

The biggest part of it is a cross-platform wrapper for sys.stdout and
sys.stderr that supports ANSI display codes (formatted by the ANSI X3.64
standard). It also allows you to move the cursor position around, clear
the screen or parts of it, set the terminal title, and a some other
things.

It also has some other stuff like

- A function to create ANSI display codes

- A couple useful replacements for the builtin input() and raw_input()

- Some helper classes for readline tab completion (readline is only on
*nix right now)

- A few widget classes like progress bars and spinners

Alan Trick