[CS-FSLUG] Excellent analysis: Windows vs. OS X vs. Linux

Frank Bax fbax at sympatico.ca
Fri Dec 1 08:37:45 CST 2006

At 09:09 PM 11/30/06, Vincent Danen wrote:
>Otherwise, it's a very interesting read and one I can't disagree with (I
>have, after all, been using OS X on my desktops for about 4 years now).

Do you know if VMware player runs on OS X?  There are downloads available
for Windows and Linux; but I don't know if OS X is close enough to Linux to
run the player.

I have an aging laptop that still runs Win98 because I have apps I don't
want to convert to some other product.  Using WinXP as host, I have already
installed Win98 into virtual machine.  I'll soon install/run my apps in
that environment.  I will seriously consider a MacBook if it can run the
player.