[CS-FSLUG] Not about Linux or is it?

Raphaël Pinson raphink at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 00:57:05 CDT 2006

Le Dimanche 20 Août 2006 01:53, Jim Isbell, W5JAI a écrit :
> That is interesting.  But, it states that it includes 4GB of software.
>  That is one of the main problems.  XP will run in under 2GB and on a
> 5.7BG drive that leaves me with only 3.7GB.  Not nearly enough.  So
> much for the myth that Windows is a memory hog.

Yes, Windows will come empty and unusable under 2GB while a Linux system will
come full of useful software with 4GB... It's all a matter of whether you use
your computer to store files or you really intend to use programs on it...

However, I have made 1GB installs on Linux in the past, that were fully usable
already, including even a basic KDE.

--
Raphaël Pinson
<raphink at raphink.net>