[CS-FSLUG] Anyone Familiar with SUN Ultra 2 3D Graphics workstation

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 02:05:56 CDT 2006

Sounds interesting, no matter where I've lived I've never seen more
than a keyboard bearing a Sun logo, around here that's rare hardware;
although everywhere I've lived Macs could also be considered exotic
hardware, they appear once every blue moon in stores, but they
disappear pretty quick again. Even Dells weren't that common where
I've been, I'd never actually seen one in person until a friend of
mind bought one.

If I were you my first question would be: "Does it run Linux?", but
then I'm no fan of anything more difficult than Linux to operate
whereas if you've used Sun hardware you've probably also used Solaris.

A little searching on Google took me to this page, is it the same
computer? http://www.anysystem.com/desktops-ultra-2.html
The difference in price is absolutely amazing, that thing was
expensive when it was new.

Here's a little more information from Sun:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Systems/U2/U2.html