[CS-FSLUG] PD: Re: Christians taking action...

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 18:46:35 CDT 2006

I am not sure I understand that referance.  Are not all sellers able
to take money from medicaid recipients?  I would say it is the medical
profession that takes advantage of that segment of government...but
the looser is NOT the government in that case.  They pay less than 25%
of what the doctors present as bills and the doctors write off the
rest.  I dont think anyone is being taken advantage of there.

On 8/19/06, Timothy Butler <tbutler at ofb.biz> wrote:

> On Aug 19, 2006, at 6:32 PM, Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
>
> > As long as there is SOME government there can never be a truly free
> > market in the Libertarian sense, that is true.  But the markets in the
> > Democratic countries of the world are closer to it than anywhere else
> > in the world.  Unless you look for countries with no government to
> > speak of...like an open air market in the bush of Africa where the
> > government (tribal leadership) provides no services and takes no
> > taxes, i.e. no government.
>
>         That's true, but in the case of Wal-Mart, it is fairly easy to point
> to a particular part of government that Wal-Mart is able to exploit
> to its benefit (Medicaid, etc.).
>
>         -Tim
>

> ---
> Timothy R. Butler | "Because philosophy arises from awe, a philosopher
> tbutler at ofb.biz   | is bound in  his  way to  be a lover of myths  and
> www.uninet.info   | poetic fables. Poets and philosophers are alike in
> timothybutler.us  | being big with wonder."
>                                                       -- Thomas Aquinas

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."