[CS-FSLUG] [PD] Christians taking action...

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Sat Aug 19 12:27:17 CDT 2006

Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> Interesting.  The attacks come from unions, not from employees??  "If
> you cant join 'em, BEAT 'em", to paraphrase an old saying.

Starting with Mash's original post, this was indeed a political
discussion, and I've tagged it so.

My logic is this: While we certainly should agree Scripture requires
virtuous action, and all the sacrifices that might entail, the issue at
point here is defining "virtue" in terms of political-economic terms.
While applying the Word to all of life, including our politics, is
necessary, the degree of differences in opinion make this a de facto
political discussion.

BTW, I would suggest there is virtually no way at all to avoid
purchasing from the dehumanizing corporations, since they touch almost
everything consumed by humans. That is, aside from niche producers who
work directly with raw materials. Perhaps a few farmers using only
natural methods and sell direct to the consumer can justify some claim
of purity. I certainly agree most corporations bear a significant
element of evil as Scripture defines it, if not all of them. I don't
know the Lord requires me to seek ways to avoid trading with them,
because the Bible scarcely addresses this issue, given it did not exist
in ancient times. As with all essentially political issues, each must be
convinced in his own mind.

--
Ed Hurst