[CS-FSLUG] Ubuntu Christian Edition 1.0

Don Parris parrisdc at gmail.com
Wed Aug 16 19:33:36 CDT 2006

On 8/16/06, xxx xxxx <cyberdamon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have spoken (via email) with the creator of this new Christian linux and
> and he is an evangelical born again christian from France. His desire is
> give something to the Christian community. He was devoting his time and
> skills to make something nice and benificial for other followers of
> Christ,
> out of his own heart.
> Mash, No One said that the distro was a living breathing Christian, what
> they mean is that it is geared towards Christians. The tools and
> enviroment
> are designed to be of benifit for Christians.
>
> Let's not accuse this person or bash him for using his God given talents
> serve and edify the Body of Christ.
>
> Thanks Don Parris for your encouraging words.

To be honest, I didn't know  *what* to think initially.  It was like being
blindsided.  Here  we have believers on at least three separate  discussion
lists all working together, or separately in some cases, to get a distro out
there for churches, and then comes along some guy with a custom Ubuntu
distro.  Well, I welcome the effort, and hope it will blossom nicely.

Blessings,
Don