[CS-FSLUG] ADMIN: Proposed Merger with Sakamuyo

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Fri Aug 11 00:06:35 CDT 2006

Hi everyone,
	As some of you know, several of your list admins here (myself
included) have been working on another project known as Sakamuyo
Christian Fellowship. Our original plans for the fellowship are
currently on the back burner, but TSN, the community forums, have
been live for about two years now. The forums provide ample room for
discussing theology, prayer needs, ministry and so on, as well as
technology. However, the forums could use more members.

	ChristianSource has never suffered from a lack of members, but has
often had complaints that we strayed off subject too often. It seems
to me perhaps there might be a useful space for cooperation because
of this. Not only are your CS admins already involved with Sakamuyo,
but CS also adopted the Sakamuyan Declaration as our official
statement of faith awhile back.

	As such, my proposal, which as been accepted by both administration
teams, is to merge the two projects. The plan is to create a new,
single forum/mailing list combination for both services. Theology and
so on will go to the appropriate parts of the new forums (which
ideally will be available to subscribe to as mailing lists if you
wish), while tech posts will continue to flow in as normal, in
addition to showing up in the new forum structure.

	None of this is set in stone yet, so I am soliciting your thoughts.
Speak now or, well, you get the drift.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Every ant  knows the  formula of its ant-hill,
Editor, OfB.biz   | every  bee knows  the formula  of its  beehive.
tbutler at ofb.biz   | They know it  in their own way, not in our way.
timothybutler.us  | Only humankind does not know its own formula."
                                               -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky