[CS-FSLUG] noisy fan on Suse 10

Yama Ploskonka Yama at veritasacademy.net
Sat Apr 29 16:10:51 CDT 2006

the fan on my computer, which used to throttle as needed, is now on
permanently.  Makes me remember my IBM 8088 days.

Maybe a recent security update, maybe some sound editing software I
downloaded recently - I want to transfer LPs to CDs.

AMazing!  LOrd be praised!  Just as I was writing this the fan has gone
off, the first time in a week!!!!

Guys, you are _so_ good, that just my computer knowing I was going to
get you on this has got it to behave.

I'll still send the message, for its encouragement value.

Thanks anyway,

So, RIGHT now I will do a system restore point.  I'm sure the problem
was software related - I was having FATAL thermal and fan errors

Yama