[CS-FSLUG] Seeking opinions

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Tue Apr 18 19:49:49 CDT 2006

> In addition to all that, do not discount the importance of a
> well-rounded education. Music Theory may not seem interesting at
> first,
> and you might take the class as some junky requirement to complete
> your
> degree, but any class you walk into with this sort of attitude you are
> likely to walk out of having missed something good. God's glory is
> found
> in many amazing ways and classes on the creative arts that have
> nothing
> in common with your analytical brain are the classes where you are
> most
> likely to stumble upon truths of God's world. He created music, art,
> philosophy and anything you learn about.

	I'd second that. You know, if nothing else, perhaps if you find a
place that offers a well rounded education, you may find something
else that interests you that you could take up as a minor. Doing so
would make you especially desirable at some organization that not
only needed a computer guy but also happened to be dealing with the
other stuff you studied.

	-Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Aim at heaven and you will get earth thrown in.
Editor, OfB.biz   |  Aim at earth and you get neither."
tbutler at ofb.biz   |                                   -- C.S. Lewis
timothybutler.us  |