[CS-FSLUG] I had a revelation today

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 21:22:17 CDT 2006

You are right, I was referring to the problems that one might
experience individually, not global warfare, and those level of
problems.  The problems of everyday living just strengthen us.  In
fact, even my recent diagnoses of Prostate Cancer (its solved) I
consider as strengthening.  NO, I really dont want to go thru a
prostatectomy again, but I learned a lot from the experience.  And,
God provided a solution in that I found a good doctor that was up to
the challenge of improving my health.

On 4/13/06, Eduardo Sanchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 April 2006 22.10, Jim Isbell, W5JAI wrote:
> > This is NOT an earth shattering truth, but its one of those things
> [snip]
> > Problems are like the gravy on our biscuits.  Life, like biscuits,
> > would be bland without the gravy.  We need problems.
> >
> > So what I now think I will pray for is more solutions.
>
> Jim, my brother, with all due respect, I think this might be, in a
> sense, a non-sequitur. You are right; we should pray for more
> solutions. But if you imply we should have more problems, I hope you're
> not right.
>
> I, for my part, don't need more "problems". I feel the horror of our
> present life, and I find it that, save for the meaning and hope given
> by our Lord Jesus Christ through His redemption, the mere act of living
> is problematic enough (Ecclesiastes 2:17).
>
> My feeling is that I have more than enough problems, I am grateful for
> my countless blessings; but I am not as masochistic as to willingly or
> delightfully accept one more "problem" in my life.
>
> Now, however, if you said that a normal life needs goals and challenges
> to have a shot at getting what most people call a "fulfilled and
> successful existence", then I see your point and you might be right.
>
> Praise God for the deep Biblical truth of Question 1 of both Heidelberg
> and Westminster Shorter Catechisms. Apart from Jesus, we can do
> nothing.
>
> Away from our Lord, "vanity of vanities, ALL is vanity."
>
> Blessings,
>

> Eduardo
> --
> Prof. Eduardo Sanchez
> Asuncion, Paraguay, South America
> http://shadow.sombragris.org
> Perfect humility dispenses with modesty.
>
>         -- C.S. Lewis, "The Weight of Glory"

Jim Isbell
you are just taking up too much space."