[CS-FSLUG] Praise Jesus. [OT]

'Mash re.mash at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 02:44:42 CDT 2006

I just want to write a little something for encouragement, and more to
just show how great, mysterious and wonderful our Father is. It is a little
long but a worthwhile read I promise.

This post is about prayer and more so how God has blown me away again
with more then I asked for.

I have to give you a little background otherwise it wont really make sense.
I left South Africa in 1999 to come to the UK to DJ and study sound
engineering, this was with my late fathers inheritance. I really hated
having that money as it was way to much for any 17 year old to have
and I never earnt one penny of it. Anyhow I remember praying to God
about it as it really troubled me because I perceived the money as
"blood money" for my father. Yes a strange view but that is what I
honestly thought. Well God answered my prayers and he actually managed
to take it all away in various ways and to the point where I was on
the street a couple of nights. This whole thing prevented me from
studying what was my passion and what I left an entire country for.
Music has fallen to my side as other priorities took over and I have
always prayed and asked God to bring it back into my life in some way.

Now the reason for my post is again about God answering prayers. How
funny it is that we sometimes put limits on God. How we pray one
thing, a higher need but believe or are quite happy to receive
something less. As if we are giving ourselves a security net.

Two years ago I ended a relationship with a wonderful girl because I
realised that she was not who I believed God had for me as a wife. One
of the hardest decisions of my life. You try and explain to a non
believer that you don't want to marry them because you believe God has
someone better for you. Lets just say I did not use those exact words.
Anyhow since then I have really been on my knees about God providing
me a wife and in April 2005 I went on holiday to Kenya and to keep it
brief met a fantastic American who was out there for a mission. The
story in short was that we made a connection, I totally fell for her
but in the end after keeping in touch over email for 4 months and then
her coming to visit me it all just fell away when she admitted that we
would be better as friends. I was devastated as I really thought she
was perfect for me.

So trying not to get angry with God I prayed a few more times about it
and ended with praying something very specific. I remember about six
months ago just talking to God before I went to bed about the sort of
women I would love to end up with. I remember describing her, I said
bubbly, energetic, American accent would be cute, really ambitious,
mature, gentle. Short hair, athletic, of similar views on life etc.
The list was pretty descriptive ! After that I just left it alone and
thought I would just get on with living my life and not worry about
the whole thing for a while.

Then God did it again !

In the last month and I half I been in contact with... wait for it...

A beautiful, short haired bubbly energetic American (Atlanta) who is
incredibly ambitious in the field of work she does... wait for it...
Sound Engineering !

I did not look for her, I was not searching and God just plonked her in my lap.
(A funny story I will tell at a later stage.)
She is completely smitten with me and I really have nothing else to
say other then, WOW !

So I will keep you posted and if she is not the one God has for me
then I really have no
idea..

Praise Jesus !