[CS-FSLUG] NI: Did Microsoft send the wrong guy to Massachusetts' ODF hearing?

JD Runyan Lists at RunyanRants.Net
Fri Sep 30 10:08:02 CDT 2005

Don Parris wrote:
> I think it's reasonable, considering that OOo/StarOffice adoption are
> "first steps" toward OS agnostic solutions, that Linux-based GNU
> systems will also benefit to some extent from the move.  The fact that
> Msft continues to seek the holy grail of Msft-apps-for-Msft-OSes
> solutions will hurt far more than it will help them.  I think, too,
> that Microsoft has revealed something they should not have revealed at
> the Massachusetts meeting - an absolute unwillingness to serve the
> customer.  The customer is no longer king at Msft - if they ever were.
>  That attitude will cost them more Windows business than Novell could
> steal from them in a year.

I agree that you may see app migration. I doubt there is going to be
massive desktop os migrations anytime soon.

As far as MS and the customer being king, they never worked that way.
They have always used the drug dealer method of marketing. Give you a
little early until you are hooked, and then charge you out the nose.
--
"If you can't imitate him, don't copy him."
--Yogi Bera