[CS-FSLUG] Labor laws

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 30 05:18:44 CDT 2005

> I always thought that had to be defined by the employer.  I've always
> considered 10-15 minutes to be the mark.  If you own the company, it's
> probably your definition.  However, make sure you have provided a
> written policy documenting what you consider as being late.  If you
> don't own the company, check with your company policy.

I was taught "If you are 10 minutes early then you
are 15 minutes late."  The philosophy was that one
plans to be 15 minutes early so that most things that
may potentially make you late may be resolved.

I was always frustrated by those who planned to
arrive barely on time and ended up chronically
late.  They disrespected my time, considering
theirs to be more valuable.  I completed my shift
responsibilities then was forced by their lack of
professional consideration to hang around waiting
for them to bless us with their tardy presence.

As Christian if I have signed a contract to start
a job at 7AM then it is a matter of integrity that
I do what is necessary to actually start by 7AM and
not be wandering in the door .05 seconds before 7AM
because I am not really "ready" to start then.

Sorry for "preaching".  It is a pet peeve with folks
in church, work, and personal relationships who don't
care enough about others and/or their witness to be
where they promise to be when they promise to be there.

God says "Let your yes be yes and your no be no."
Christians must be people of integrity and must
always be mindful of their witness.

IMHO, YMMV ... ;-)

--
Respectfully,