[CS-FSLUG] Thanks for Prayers

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Sep 27 11:01:11 CDT 2005

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:52:31 -0400, Josiah Ritchie <jritchie at bible.edu>
wrote:

> Any idea on the condition of your house?

Our former domicile faced only moderately powerful winds. My former
neighbor said all was fine, though I'm sure he politely left out
mentioning scattered debris from the wind. He's been hired by the landlord
to redo a hasty floor repair I made in the bathroom. Mobile home floors
are made of pressed sawdust, and they tend to warp badly with the
slightest amount of water. There had been two different leaks from
plumbing under the bathroom floor in the past three years, so they needed
replacing. Since he focussed on telling me that in our quick conversation,
I have to assume there was no storm damage per se.

However, there is some social chaos: Since evacuating folks took all
supplies, there is no gasoline, no bread, no drinking water, etc.
Electricity was out awhile from downed trees. There was a knifing at a
store where people fought over the last loaf of bread. I don't recall any
of that making the news. My former neighbors are having a tough time
getting to work, for example. Church services at many places were canceled
since no one could travel. I'll be seeking more info later on those things.

--
Ed Hurst