[CS-FSLUG] Massachusetts, OpenDocument & The Church

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 26 14:34:19 CDT 2005

> Don Parris wrote:
> Well, Massachusetts has finalized it's decision to adapt the
> OpenDocument format, along with PDF, as the official document formats
> for the Commonwealth.  While I applaud their decision, I wonder if it
> carries implications for churches and other Christian ministries?
> Should Christian ministries begin seriously considering adapting a
> similar requirement for their documents?  If so, on what grounds?

I don't know why anyone would want to promote the
M$-like code bloat of the horribly inefficient PDF,
there must be something better out there.

There are definitely good reasons to promote standards
within the church, Biblical-moral and technological, but
I would not hold my breath waiting for that to happen!

For text, what is wrong with RTF?

For compression purposes the efficiency of djVu better
than any other of which I am aware.

--
Blessings ... David

Freelance Journalist/Writer