[CS-FSLUG] TD: Hello everyone! Acceptance of the Statement of Faith . . .

Tim Young Tim.Young at LightSys.org
Mon Sep 26 17:29:25 CDT 2005

Welcome,

I have been a missionary in a number of places where there are
"Catholics" who are such in name only. In Mexico, many remote villages
say they are Catholic because they had a missionary pass through
generations past, and told them they were Catholics. My father has been
a missionary in areas (India, Egypt) where the term Christians, is used
the same. You are a "Christian" because they have put it on your birth
certificate. I am glad that Christ uses a different standard, and that
He is the final judge.

My Grandfather was a Catholic, and we have a Catholic in our small-group
Bible-study. This past weekend we actually had a Catholic give a
testimony at our church, sharing what the Lord did in his life when he
joined our church's missions trip this past summer. In short, I have a
great deal of respect for many Catholics, and know that many will be in
heaven along with me. That is one of the neat things about the Christian
Body. Though we all have different names, races, genders, theological
stances, and political beliefs, we can still share in the unity of Christ.

Though, of course, for the purposes of this email list, FOSS is a must. ;)

Glad to have you on-board,

- Tim Young