[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Timothy Butler tbutler at ofb.biz
Sun Sep 18 11:54:26 CDT 2005

> Here is the problem with that statement: "try to create life". The
> moment a scientist creates life, all they do is prove us
> creationists correct. There really is no possible way to prove
> evolution.

     Well, I don't think I'd agree with that. I don't think it is
possible for abiogenesis to occur by random, but I think it is
possible that (if the theory is correct) you could prove it possible.
Theoretically, if you put the right concentrations of stuff in the
fake "atmosphere" and primordial soup, then ionize it with a fake
electrical storm, you are suppose to get life.

     If that worked, they could prove it. The problem is that in the
present attempts, they did get life (as I recall), but it appears to
have been bacteria that contaminated the experiment, not actually
something created. The bigger problem, though, is that the chances of
such conditions occurring in the wild is even less likely. :-) But,
the thing is, Genesis tells us God made Adam from earth, so
essentially that's not really different from what scientists claim
possible, other than that they refuse to admit an intelligent force
behind it.

     And, then comes Nathan's point: they have to point out how it
wasn't done intelligently... which, if they thought that, would be true.

     -Tim

---
Timothy R. Butler | "Now  that  I am a  Christian  I  do have moods
Editor, OfB.biz   | in which the whole thing looks very improbable:
tbutler at ofb.biz   | but when I was an  atheist I had moods in which
timothybutler.us  | Christianity looked terribly probable."
                                                       -- C.S. Lewis