[CS-FSLUG] Intelligent design...

Chris Brault gginorio at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 16 00:55:15 CDT 2005

Yup,

> One of the things that struck me about the concept of Intelligent
> Design is the fact that the Scientists - whatever their faith, or lack
> thereof - could not answer how our universe even managed to exist.
> According to them, whatever "big bang" occurred, it had to happen at
> such a precise time, that the odds of it happening by accident were,
> well, astronomical.

They even invented "Dark Matter" (atleast 85% of all matter) and "Dark
Energy" (atleast 90% of all energy) to explain the mysterious forces
holding the universe together. My goodness, it's "The Force" from Star
Wars. Why are they trying to kid. When I took astronomy, I almost
laughed. Indeed, a straight forward look at the universe puts us near
the center of a wheel, within a wheel, within a wheel, within a wheel,
formed into bubbles spiraling around one gigantic center of mass. It's
perfect in every way! Imagine that. Almost like it was designed.

> The sad thing is that the rest of our society has not figured out that
> Science does not have all the answers to every question.  In fact, for
> every question answered, how many more crop up to be explored and
> answered further?  Thus, we only see part of the picture at any given
> moment.  We may see more now, than we did 300 or 1000 years ago; but
> it is still not the whole picture.  We ought to be humbled at the
> realization of that fact.

Science answers alot of questions: Where do diseases come from? What is
that rock made of?
Science has alot of guesses as well: Where do we come from? Why do we
look like we do?

Science is a tool. Facts are facts. But interpretation is everyting, and
right now the public education is doing the interpreting.