[CS-FSLUG] Rapture argument.

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Wed Sep 14 17:10:16 CDT 2005

I sent both sites from "the other side" to my brother, who I knew would
respond with some details I might not have, and he did. ;) He's also a SUSE
user. I helped him with an 8.? install sometime ago over the phone, and the
box has been running FLAWLESSLY since.

Fred

Both of these guys avoid the real issue: Scripture says Christ will come again
ONCE, not TWICE. Therefore, there cannot be any "rapture." Without a
Scriptural basis, what they have written are empty words.

Since there is no Scriptural basis for the "rapture" theory, Blue attempts to
"spin" a historical basis for it (beyond Darby and Scofield) by fiddling with
the definition of "dispensationalism" and then conjuring up some supposedly
"dispensational" beliefs of the early Church Fathers by citing somebody
else's OPINION of what the early Church Fathers believed. Opinions are like
belly buttons--everyone has one. We don't need to rely on someone else's
opinion about what the early Church Fathers believed because they wrote
extensively about their beliefs and their writings are collected in the ten
volumes of "The Ante-Nicene Fathers." Blue cites another dispensationalist's
opinion because that's the only support he could find for his theory--the
early Church Fathers did NOT believe in the "rapture" theory or
"dispensationalism," which is very clear from their condemnation of the
heresy of "millenialism" at the Council of Ephesus in 431 A.D. and their
statement of belief at the Councel of Nicæa in 325 A.D., which is known as
the Nicene Creed:

He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.