[CS-FSLUG] HTML Quiz

Ciaran Hamilton cs-fslug at theblob.org
Wed Sep 14 11:15:20 CDT 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 11:02 -0500, Doug Coats wrote:
> The cell height is going to be controlled by the content. So my basic
> table will provide you with the ability to get the looked you asked
> for if the content of cells "red" and "yellow" are greater than cells
> "green" and "blue."
>
> Basically I created a table with 3 rows and overlapped two of the
> cells into the middle row.  This gives you what you asked for only if
> the content fits the design.

Yeah, that's what I did too, except I explicitly made the middle row 125
pixels high. I just realised that the reason it looked wrong in Jukka's
page was because he used two rows instead of three.

>         Can you tell me what element in code controls cell heights
>         inside the table?

The "height: 125px" line controls the height of the middle row, or if
you leave it out you'll get what Doug described above.

 - Ciaran.