[CS-FSLUG] TD: AWESOME and accurate!!

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 14 20:01:49 CDT 2005

Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 September 2005 9:15 pm, Brian Derr wrote:
>> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 09:11 -0400, Fred A. Miller wrote:
>>> The Rapture
>>>
>>> By Anthony M. Coniaris
>> As a riposte to your essay I offer the other view:
>>
>> http://www.biblebelievers.com/BlueDISP.html
>> http://www.biblebelievers.com/billy_sunday/sun11.html
>>
>> Take what you wish from the texts.  They are offered to paint the
>> picture completely.  One cannot be objective if one does not study both
>> sides of a story.
>
> Been there and done it. For a long time I was on the "other side," but had
> questions that were always unanswered. Then, checked out Scripture and found
> I'd been told OFTEN something that isn't true.
>
> Fred

I have also attended two seminaries and taught at a Bible college
where the pre-trib view was the dominant view and others not encouraged,
so I also need no review of the common pre-trib view.

I have found that when those who have accepted the common view
make the time to read about the mid-trib and other views they
generally soften their absolutism re. pre-trib.

It is, however, often difficult to get them to do so because
they have hardened into unteachable attitudes and corporate
group-think where all alternatives are dismissed out-of-hand.

Sounds like what Jesus so strongly condemned when He walked,
does it not?

A friend in ministry declard himself O-Millenial ... "Oh well,
whatever God chooses to do is fine with me!"

Were we to spend more time dealing with our lack of preparedness
for His potential return *tomorrow* and to be less obsessed
with building shrines to pet theologies and denominational
preferences we might actually be more useful to God in the
Great Commission in the spirit of the Greatest Commandment.

IMHO, YMMV ...

--

Blessings ... doc

       /\ /\