[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Laid off

Josiah Ritchie jritchie at bible.edu
Tue Sep 13 07:59:51 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 06:03 +0100, .mash wrote:

> RULE OF LIFE, (and what I base my entire life on.)
>
> "In everything I do, I do it with humility and gratitude and most
> importantly in communication with God."
>
> Talk to God and he will listen, communicate with God and he will come
> into relationship with you and be more real and more evidently
> proactive then you could ever imagine.
>
> James 4:8 "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you..."
>
> That means though that you have to make the first move.
>
> Nathan, trust God and trust yourself. Also don't ever be afraid to ask
> for help and always , always remember that if you let God be part of
> the decisions you make, He will respect your humility and bless you
> with wisdom and strength.
>
> You have my personal email address if you ever want to chat to me about
> my own journey from leaving home on my own to where I am now then drop me
> a line whenever.
>
> 'Mash

Excellent advice. I hang this wisdom on "Trust in the Lord with all your
heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways
acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths."

I have made the mistake of being to lackadaisical in many of my actions,
and even now. The fog of my sin is being peeled back and I'm realizing
that I'm actually pretty lazy and disorganized. I'm trying to change
that.

I'd seriously consider some Biblical training if I were you. There are
many options. Where I work, Washington Bible College, I think is a great
option. Cedarville University would provide you with a solid tech
background while providing you with a Bible minor. Word of Life would
give you 2 years of practical hands-on Bible education. All three
represent very different approaches with a variety of positives and
negatives. As 'Mash offered, I'd be glad to discuss them with you. You
know where to find me and my IM info is at my blog.

My first thought is that you are very bright and driven, and God gave
that to you. Consider with God if He wants to take you to a Master's
study in Computer Science or some other field. Your interests and
strengths are from Him. Acknowledge that and pursue His mind on what you
should do with His gifts.

To His Glory,
Josiah