TD: Benny Hinn (was Re: [CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith)

Don Parris evangelinux at matheteuo.org
Sun Sep 11 00:44:16 CDT 2005

Christopher Rose wrote:
> It is sad when one who is presupposed a man or woman of God starts to make constant and grievous errors in scripture and begins to make claims and "prophecies" that God did not make. I will continue in my faith as taught in the scripture. Word Alone. Faith Alone. Christ Alone.

I do wholeheartedly agree.  Hinn has, at times claimed that there are three
trinities - that the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are each a trinity
unto themselves, supposedly at the urging of the Holy Spirit.  Never mind
the health & wealth gospel - that alone is an error that would render any
minister powerless and without biblical authority, in my eyes.

Hinn was at one time affiliated with the Assemblies of God.  When one of
their ministers attended Hinn's services in his own town, the guy went to
the headquarters with his report.  Much of what he saw passed for standard
"Charismatic" fare.  However, the preacher soon began to realize there was a
  wolf among the sheep, given much of what went on in the service.  Saying
the guy was being heavy-handed on encouraging the people to give might be an
understatement.  He was actually tying faith, healing, etc. to money, as if
money buys God's influence.  The AOG asked benny to withdraw/resign, or
whatever.

As Ed pointed out, Hinn has apologized for his actions at times, only to
turn around and repeat the same errors.  He might well be led by *a* spirit,
but I don't recognize it as anything holy.

I had a young lady call me one day (years ago), and said "the Holy Spirit
told em to call you and ask you if you wanted to meet me for lunch
tomorrow."  I questioned the part about the Holy Spirit, but agreed to meet
her the next day.  The next day, something told me to call and confirm our
appointment.  When I called, she told me the Holy Spirit had changed His
mind.  Hmmmm...  I guess you have to be careful what you study, who you
study under, and even how you study the Word of God.

Blessings,
Don