TD: Benny Hinn (was Re: [CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith)

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Sep 10 22:50:38 CDT 2005

On Saturday 10 September 2005 8:55 pm, Timothy Butler wrote:
>      Hinn, et al., are infamous because many people are made to feel
> they must write out massive amounts of money to these guys to "be
> saved." Faith is a free gift. As Luther rightly rejected Tetzel (and
> his ilk) and therefore began the Protestant Reformation, so many of
> us reject Hinn and others like him. We are told by Jesus to be as
> wise as serpents in addition to being as harmless as doves. Moreover,
> we are told to judge a tree by its fruit. While I personally know no
> one who has been brought to Christ by Hinn, et al., I do know many
> who have been lost to the enemy because of the seeming hypocrisy of
> these men.

QUITE right! One of the biggest FALSE doctrines is that practiced by many on
his list, and that is to "buy" God's favor....."buy" your way out of dept.,
etc., by giving large amounts. There's probably more written about Hinn than
the rest, but then, he's made himself a big target by being in error so much
of the time.

Fred

to you, at this time.