[CS-FSLUG] KMail troubleshooting

bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com bouquet at ruthes-secretroses.com
Fri Sep 9 00:37:50 CDT 2005

Thanks Robert,
I did change permissions on that kmailrc file. Even discovered today that there
is another copy of it in the root folder system. Once I changed that from root
to my own user id, I could set up my accounts without them deleting. - But
still no SEND. :(

And Nigel,

> Easy! Right click on the KMail icon on your task bar and, from the
> options, choose 'Remove KMail Button'. Then open Yast (or whatever the
> package manager in SuSe is called) and choose 'install Thunderbird' :-):-)
>
> I used to use KMail but got fed up with the newest one when it kept
> asking for username password for all my accounts. Also it would neglect
> to check some of my accounts even though it was configured to do so. I
> would have to close and restart KMail in order to receive my mail.
>
> So now I use Thunderbird and am very happy!

Thanks, Nigel :):) I had to laugh when I saw this last night. I did try out
Thunderbird when it first came out last year, and while I was still in my
Win98 computer. I wasn't terribly impressed. It reminded me of Outlook.
However this morning I put it on my  to-do list to check out Mutt, AND
Thunderbird. Just in case. Got hung up on Mutt tutorials most of the day.

As I just explained to Fred, while looking for Mutt files per the tutorials, I
discovered that there are two copies of that file, one under
home/username/.kde/share/config.  The other one is
under  /root/.kde/share/config. It was when I changed the permissions on that
one that solved my problem.

I'm now busy setting up my long list of emails, and answering the most key
emails. Whew! Praise the Lord! I'm sure He guided today. But I also feel like
I'm finally home after an unusual trip.

P.S. oh-OH! This is a few hours later, and my queued mails were still not going
out. I'm back at my web-mail site, getting this out.

I know the people in New Orleans need miracles more than I do, but can you join
me for a sec in asking that I solve this once and for all
tomorrow/today/Friday?

--
Blessings & Thanks,
Ruth