[CS-FSLUG] RFC: Change of Statement of Faith

Robert W. robertwo at insightbb.com
Wed Sep 7 19:15:48 CDT 2005

On 09/06/2005 11:51:40 PM, Nathan T. wrote:
<snip>
> it was creepy and very un-Christian if you ask me. Another thing that
> bothers me, while Baptism is something we probably should do, is all
> the pressure and people's desires to make it a public scene. I'm way
> too shy to be baptised in public right now, but the pastor at the
<snip>

In my high school civics class, our teacher had us read a book about
the Communist party. I remember one chapter discussed their recruiting
methods. It said that each new recruit, at their first meeting, was
asked to hand out pamphelets or hang signs. People would then ask the
new recruit questions (most likely challenging the Communist beliefs).
They never expected the recruits to know the answers. But the committed
ones would come to the next meeting just to learn the answers.

I've often wondered if there isn't an element of that in baptism: a
public display meant to draw questions. Questions that can be answered
by growing in your faith.

--
Robert W.
robertwo at insightbb.com

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find;
knock and the door will be opened to you. -- Matthew 7:7