[CS-FSLUG] Moving from Thunderbird to Mozilla 1.8b2?

Ed Hurst ehurst at asisaid.com
Tue Sep 6 21:45:35 CDT 2005

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005, dmc wrote:

> I found the abook.mab and moved it but the multiple Inbox folders
> do not show up -- I am wondering what the name is of the file in
> which that info is stored.
>
> doc

IIRC, at a minimum the config has to show up in your prefs.js. I have
kept a copy of my entire ~/.mozilla folder on CD, and can simply cut
and splice the applicable keys from an old one manually. There may be a
similar text file in the thunderbird config folders. You can also edit
the prefs.js directly with Mozilla, by using the URL "about:config".
Still, you'd have to know what keys to change/add.

In the past, I muddled through this way:

1. Create the accounts with the wizard.
2. Replace the empty mail folders with your old ones.

The only thing missing will be your passwords. I'm not sure where
that's hidden, but I believe the hash will be wrong anyway for the new
Mozilla profile you just created.

--
Ed Hurst