[CS-FSLUG] Mini-itx kits

dmc edoc7 at verizon.net
Sun Sep 4 20:51:27 CDT 2005

There is a project like this underway on the Puppy Linux site.

They have been looking at attaching a USB stick to a spare
USB port off the motherboard as one element of the concept.

http://www.murga.org/%7Epuppy/viewtopic.php?t=178&start=60

http://www.goosee.com/puppy

doc

Nathan T. wrote:
> Hi everyone, I'm interested in some sort of mini-itx kit or other small
> bare bones kit for making a cheap yet usable computer. The reason for
> this is that I would like to keep using my desktop for normal use, and
> then have a second computer on a KVM switch for development purposes.
>
> I am no looking for brand new hardware by any means, but I would also
> like to avoid sites like eBay and the like. I am looking for anything
> that would give me decent performance with Linux and KDE, is small and
> virtually noiseless, and has a hard drive that's at least 20 Gb or more.
>
> Right now this is all just in the planning stage, I don't even know if
> I'll stick to this since I might find another hobby to keep myself busy.
> I would however like to get some thoughts on how this could be done, and
> whether or not anyone things it's even concievably possible for me to
> build or buy a developer box for under CAD $300. I would like to strip
> the cost down as much as possible without going with something that
> won't last, the computer will really just be for building packages and
> compiling software though.

Can we all just help the hurting and save the criticism?
LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE HELPING KATRINA'S VICTIMS:
http://www.bibleseven.com/em.html

Respectfully,
David M. Colburn, D.Min, MACo, etc.
http://bibleseven.com