[CS-FSLUG] A Linux Discussion

Don Parris gnumathetes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 03:03:10 CST 2005

On 10/29/05, Nathan T. <celerate at gmail.com> wrote:
> Did you find out anything? To date it just looks like Rus wants to make a
> distro of his own based on Lycoris but he can't get the source and believes
> Joseph Cheek is keeping it from the public on purpose. Rus then went on to
> say that Joseph had violated several licenses including the GPL. Other than
> that there  really isn't much more I can pick out except that Rus is at odds
> with other former Lycoris employees and they aren't happy that his new
> distribution's web site has very similar graphics to what the Lycoris
> greenhouse site looked like.

I'm still working on it, Nathan.  I'm making some inquiries as I write
this.  It's taking a little time to try to communicate with everyone.
For now, I'll have to leave you in the lurch, exept to say that, from
what I could gather, it looks more like two guys ran the business into
the ground, then got mad at each other over it.  Neither appears to
have been much good at handling PR.

Blessings,
Don
--