[CS-FSLUG] Dell INSPIRON 2200

David dmcglone at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 30 18:39:39 CST 2005

4 days ago I bought me a Dell Inspiron 2200 laptop and the first thing I did
was slap Fedora Core 4 on it.

but if anyone on the list is considering buying one, be specific about the
built-in wireless NIC because Dell doesn't use any that are all that
compatible with linux.

I managed to get mine to work using ndiswrapper and the driver from dell and
it was sortof a pain to get working, but it was worth it.

Anyway I need to ask if anyone knows where the file is that loads modules on
startup. I remember in another lifetime ;) it was called /etc/modules.conf or
something like that, well I don't know where the file is that I need to make
the wireless nic load upon boot.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
David M.