[CS-FSLUG] Media playing moans...

Michael Bradley, Jr. michaelsbradleyjr at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 17:41:06 CST 2005

On 10/30/05, .mash <re.mash at gmail.com> wrote:

> All audio I use XMMS . . . What do you most of you use as a movie player
> /media player?

Have you tried amarok for playing audio/music?

http://amarok.kde.org/

I'm running Gentoo 2005.1 on my new laptop (got a great bargain at Office
Depot on the display unit), and it works well. I don't know how it will fare
on a "low spec machine," though.

I use mplayer for video, but will try VLC on your suggestion. Could the
stuttering video be related to the "low specs" of your machine?

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

Michael Bradley, Jr.

--
[Jesus said] Tell aching mankind to snuggle close
to My merciful Heart, and I will fill it with peace.

My home on the Net ::
http://www.michaelsbradleyjr.net/

IC XC NIKA