[CS-FSLUG] A Linux Discussion

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 00:43:47 CDT 2005

I think this is what we've all been waiting for lately isn't it :-)

Anyone heard the latest on Lycoris? Apparently Rus who was their vp of sales
is having a serious clash with the others:
http://osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=12413

I've spent some time following Lycoris, and it seems to me most of the
people on OSNews calling names are no different than those kids in the
school yards yelling "fight!" over and over again at the very hint of
hostility, some of them are making claims which to me seem absurd. I wonder
if anyone here knows more, and maybe if one of the list's professional
journalists can put together the big picture of what all this means. On the
one hand Rus seems to be within his right to want to make a fork of what was
Lycoris, but on the other hand there's a lot of personal attacks flying back
and fourth and there hasn't been any word from Joseph Cheek. Rus seems to
think that what he knows could badly damage Mandriva as well as Joseph
Cheek, but I wonder how much of that is just stuff he's saying because he's
angry.

Right now none of the folk involved in the main argument seem to be firing
on all cylinders, I think they're suffering from anger induced IQ
suppression.

In case you're still not interested Rus is claiming that Joseph Cheek
violated the GPL as well as other proprietary licenses knowingly and
intentionally in the making of Lycoris.