[CS-FSLUG] NI: Colorado pastor finds deep love in Ukraine

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Tue Oct 25 09:25:35 CDT 2005

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (CNS) -- Paul Wicker brought an important message back
from his trip to Ukraine: Celebrate your faith and embrace the Eucharist. The
pastor spent six weeks in the former Soviet republic, which is enjoying a
political and religious rebirth. "There is a conspiracy of divine compassion
with Christ [in the Ukraine]," said Wicker. "It's a joy and enthusiasm this
world cannot give. We need that enthusiasm of faith. We need to be conscious
of the Eucharist." When he returned to the United States, Wicker was taken
aback by how lackadaisical some Americans are toward their faith by
comparison. "I was astounded by the nonchalant way we take in worship
services--if there's time in our schedules," he said. "The Ukrainian people
are discovering their identity with Christ as the center of their lives."

Catholic News Service
Oct 24, 2005

--
Paid purchaser of ALL SuSE Linux releases since 6.x