[CS-FSLUG] Dead CD recovery

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:06:50 CDT 2005

On 10/20/05, Fred A. Miller <fmiller at lightlink.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 19 October 2005 9:15 pm, Nathan T. wrote:
> > BTW. Is it possible that the CD labels I put on the disks damaged them
> over
> > time, the disks sat in jewel cases since the last time I used them and
> they
> > worked perfectly back then. I don't know what could have happened in the
> > mean time.
>
> YES! There's more than one article about lables and damage. Did you try to
> rip
> the CDs with a good byte ripper like dvdbackup? 'MIGHT work.
>
> Fred

Thanks for the suggestion Fred, It reminded me about that time I used
Alcohol 120% to copy my AoE CD's and the same software worked with the
Visual Studio Disks. Is Ed still in the list because I sent him SUSE disks
with labels on them, I didn't know back then that it would cause a problem
:-( .

I have other disks with adhesive labels on them and they still work,
hopefully they will keep working. Once again some company forgot to put
proper warning labels on their boxes, although this is something I wasn't
expecting. Why would a company make Labels for use on Cd's if those labels
also damage the Cd's?