[CS-FSLUG] NI: Why Linux isn't too fat & MS hurts customers

Nathan T. celerate at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 00:05:26 CDT 2005

On 10/16/05, David Aikema <daikema at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/15/05, Eduardo Sanchez <lists at sombragris.org> wrote:
> > > Wherein Windows you have all group[s basically working with the save
> > > set of widgets and dialog boxes, in Linux there are a number of
> > > different such conventions.
> >
> > This is simply not true. Corel Draw's file dialogs are not equal to Ms
> > Word's are not equal to Notepad are not equal to Explorer....
>
> I'll admit that they're not all equal, but I think that by and large
> there's a much greater degree of consistency amongst Windows
> application.
>
> David

I've found that in most if not all apps in Windows XP that use the native
Windows toolkit, clicking the new folder button in the open and save dialogs
actually doesn't work. Has anyone else noticed this or is it just another
wonderful inconsistency that only shows up on 1 in 1M installations and
never gets a bug fix?