[CS-FSLUG] Another SUSE complaint

Fred A. Miller fmiller at lightlink.com
Sat Oct 15 20:56:30 CDT 2005

On Saturday 15 October 2005 5:20 pm, Nathan T. wrote:
> Hopefully you'll forgive me for being so careful, but I don't have a job
> any more and therefore have to be much more careful how I spend my money.
>
> Based on your signature I'm assuming you have a boxed set of SUSE
> 10.0professional, I'm also going on to assume you have it installed
> (probably
> using it right now) and that you haven't had to manually add in libdvdcss
> or anything else for multimedia support manually. Can you tell me if these
> work:

[snip]

Ok.......here we go again. NO distro. in the US is going to furnish libdvdcss
- PERIOD!! To do so would GUARANTEE an IMMEDIATE lawsuit!! So, NO - SUSE, nor
Red Hat, nor any other distro. you buy OR download in the US will have it.
You MUST go d'l it and any other libs and files that you need. Is this the
way it should be? Obviously not, but then, DRM SHOULDN'T be allowed either.

Fred

--
Paid purchaser of ALL SuSE Linux releases since 6.x